Holiday season is here and I created a quick, last-minute guide to using Facebook Ads to help you grow our business during this time of year. Just follow these few tips and watch your Facebook ads deliver!
5 WAYS TO USE FACEBOOK ADS FOR THE HOLIDAY
Let’s assume that you have set up at least a few ads on Facebook before.
1. MAKE A CALENDAR AND WORK BACKWARDS
Taking note of important dates especially those crazy shopping holidays. This will enable you to determine execution and delivery timelines, including the best dates are to post for your business.
2. HAVE CLEAR MARKETING GOALS JUST FOR THE SEASON
After setting up your calendar, try creating achievable goals for the season.
Do you want more page likes?
An increase in brand awareness?
More visits to your website, local store or office perhaps?
Or, maybe you have a new product or program to introduce for 2015. You name it! Use these goals and then align them to your calendar.
3. HAVE FUN WITH CONTENT
This is the season to be lighthearted, creative and festive so come up with a few different festive holiday images for ads, offers, sponsored posts ads and landing pages. Here are some examples of when to use seasonal imagery:
- Use images as choices for insight-seeking poll questions
- Post virtual greeting cards, rewards, coupons and announcement posters.
- Run fun contests that will make people submit content to you (photo & video contests)
- Giveaway something exciting and compel readers into real conversion!
4. ADJUST TO THE RIGHT AD SETTINGS: TARGET LOCALLY
During the holidays make sure you target locally, with the right age group. If you have a month-long promotional activity, then schedule how many days as well as the optimal times your ads are going to run in a local setting vs nationally and vs other parameters.
5. COMMUNICATE LIKE A REAL PERSON – NOT LIKE A BUSINESS
People will be more active on Facebook this month so take advantage of increased outreach from potential customers. Communicate with them through comment replies or private message (PM) as a live person – a real connection. Continue supplying your Page with engaging content to support your paid ad efforts and watch your business grow!
Enjoy the holidays!