Facebook Offers let businesses, brands and organizations share discounts with their customers by posting an offer on their Facebook Page. Facebook Offers is an incredible way to direct new people to your business and increase engagement with existing customers. Offers are designed to have a viral effect because whenever someone claims an offer, it will appear in the News Feed.
HOW TO CREATE A FACEBOOK OFFER
1. Creating your offer is SUPER SIMPLE, it’s as easy as posting any other content such as a status update , photo or video.
Here’s how you should start. Pretend you are going to post a status update on your page…except click on Offer/Event as shown below.
2. Create your coupon – Add your 25-character long title and 90-character long description. Include some strong sense of urgency such as “limited offer only” “while supplies last” or “today only”. This is proven to be the most effective in getting your fans to TAKE ACTION!
3. Upload your ad image with the following image specs: image ratio: 1.91:1 and image size: 1200 x 627 pixels. To learn more about image dimensions, click here.
4. You can opt to limit the number of claims and select an expiration date. You will need to decide on your budget. A $15 budget in theory, is fine for a fan page with 4000 or less fans.
5. Choose your audience.
6. Schedule your offer, set up Online Redemption Link, Terms and Conditions and Click “Create Offer”
As soon as the coupon goes live and users click on it, the coupon code is sent via email.
Using Offers to Organically Increase Reach
To super-charge the organic reach your page gets, you should make an offer so irresistible that it can’t help but result in massive fan engagement. Giving away something for free or at a huge discount will most likely result in your fans liking and sharing. You might also see improvement in your page’s organic reach, even for other posts not related to the offer and don’t forget – Make sure it’s EASY to redeem the offer. The easier you make the process, the more engagement you’ll get.
You might have also heard the recent news of Facebook launching Call to Action buttons. These are amazing!!! The thing to note is that you MUST use these in Power Editor which can be a tricky tool for some businesses. However, if you’re already using Power Editor or would like to give a try, you can make your offers even more compelling but using these new call to action buttons.
The new Call to Action buttons include:
- Shop Now
- Learn More
- Sign Up
- Book Now
Here’s a quick image that shows you how the Shop Now call to action button would look:
You can learn more about Call to Action buttons here.
There are so many uses for Facebook Offers and the new call to action buttons. If you haven’t set one up yet, go try it now and let me know how it worked for you!